for string quartet
for viola, E-guitar, bass trombone und accordion
(commissioned by Klangwerk Chemnitz)
for string trio
for flute, clarinet, violin, violoncello, harp and piano
for 2 fr. horns, 2 tromp, 2 tromb, tuba, sopr.-sax and 4 perc
for quarter tone alto flute and tape
transcription of "Lento" from "Les Cinq Doigts"
by Igor Strawinsky for piano trio
Ich habe den Fluss im Mond gesehen
Melodram for violin, violoncello, bass clarinet, piano and narrator
after a text by Jörg Freiherr von Imhoff
WORKS FOR VOCALS
Ut Unum Sint
for 2 soprano, children´s choir, male choir,
orchestra and church bells
Salidada seigies o Regina
for mixed choir and brass band
Igl om tgi mi´olma amava
for mixed choir
Herr Joseph und Frau Potiphar
for 3 female voices, narrator and piano
Joseph und Suleicha
for soprano, alto and piano
for 6 voices
"Es ist ein Ros´ entsprungen"
for 5 voices
• born in Würzburg, Germany
• Piano and double bass studies, concerts with various ensembles
• 1997 began studying both bass and composition at the "Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler" in Berlin
• 2000 began to study film scoring at the "Hochschule für Musik und Theater" in Munich
• 2003 received his diploma with distinction from the "Hochschule für Musik und Theater" in Munich
• 2003 began composition studies at the "Royal College of Music" in London
• 2004 Postgraduate Diploma with Distinction from "Royal College of Music" in London
• 2006 Max Ophüls Film Score Award for the music to "Schläfer"
• 2012 awarded German Film Award for the music to "Hell"
• 2013 Austrian Film Award nomination for the music to "Die Lebenden"
• 2016 German Film Award nomination for the music to "Ich und Kaminski"
• 2016 awarded German Film Music Award for the music to "Ich und Kaminski"
• 2018 Austrian Film Award nomination for the music to "Mademoiselle Paradis"
• 2018 nomination for GEMA Musikautorenpreis
• 2019 Danish Film Award nomination for the music to "A Fortunate Man"
Lorenz Dangel lives and works in Berlin.